PA's LEAP Anchor is our solution to the problem of high-strength anchor points on challenge courses. Our engineers have produced a high-strength, multi-purpose anchor that can be used equally well as a Personal Protection Anchor on staple climbs or as the ideal termination fitting on belay cables when the cable load is at 90 degrees to the angle of the anchor bolt.
Features of the LEAP Anchor include:
• Designed for use with 5/8" lag screws or 5/8" through-bolts (sold separately)
• Tested to over 9,500 lbs. without anchor failure
• Exceeds ACCT's Personal Protection System and Anchor strength of 5,000 lbs. (even in soft white pine trees, test results averaged over 7,000 lbs. when using 5/8" x 6" lag screws)
• Zinc electroplated for corrosion resistance
• The addition of a 5/8" round washer (Item # 71280) helps protect the surface of the anchor